This monthly newsletter serves as an information platform to our members with the intention to provide updated feedback about recent club developments, news and EXCOM decisions going forward.
- The Annual General Meeting was held on the 22nd February 2017. The following offices bearers were elected:
- Vice-Chairman – P Smith
- Vice-Club Captain – T Smith
- Annual subs and green fees increases were proposed and consensus was reached during the meeting that a 5% increase will be applied to our members. By implication, this was very moderate, given considering to the fact that the club suffered a loss due to fraud and theft during the past financial year. A criminal case was registered at PRETORIA CENTRAL during November 2016 with reference number CAS 1127/11/2016. The matter is currently sub judice, thus meaning that it is under judicial consideration and therefore prohibited from public discussion in this domain. The investigation is being handled by the Commercial Crime Unit of SAPS.
The new basic green fee structure is as follows:
- Affiliated members - R150-00;
- Affiliated visitors - R250-00;
- Non-affiliated members - R325-00.
EXCOM are in the process to simplify the current membership fee and green structure, therefore I will keep you informed on the decisions in due course.
- All members and visitors are requested to respect the conditions of our liquor licence that no alcoholic refreshments are to be taken onto our licenced premises, which includes the golf course, clubhouse and the braai area.
- Desired refreshments are available at two designated waterholes on the golf course and the respective bar facilities at the clubhouse.
- Upcoming Fixtures:
- Janke Cup – Wednesday 15th March 2017:
We are hosting Pretoria Golf Club to contest the Janke Cup. Members are requested to support the event. Please ensure that you book well in advance at the golf shop.
- Club Championship – Weekend of 25th & 26th March 2017:
An entry fee of R375-00 is payable at the golf shop. A gala evening and prize giving will be held on Sunday night after conclusion of the Championship. Spouses are welcome to enjoy the evening with us at an additional surcharge of R110-00.
Dress Code at the Gala evening: FORMAL
- On a lighter note! …. GOLF LAW # 1:
“No matter how bad your last shot was, the worst is yet to come! However, this law does not expire on the 18th hole…it has a supernatural tendency to extend over a course of a tournament, a summer and eventually…… a lifetime!!!”
Happy golfing and keep it on the short stuff!